Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

Kevin is so content. Thank you God!

Fall in love
A question about this goal: How much do girls like really spontaneous dates? March 25th, 2007 13:08

Answers:

Kevin is so content. Thank you God!

The kind where you ask “want to hang out?” and she responds “sure!” and then you have something amazing/totally unexpected ready to go that she likes.

I mean this versus something precisely planned (like “let’s eat at that restaurant, ok?”)

RP

So, do you mean that are really spontaneous or just that they appear to be spontaneous (and secretly you have already planned everything)?

cko

heehee, of COURSE! What girl wouldn’t like being taken out to do her favourite things. I’d love it.

But you might not want to do this with a girl that is obsessed about schedules. If she doesn’t like it, you should probably go out there and find someone who is better suited to your style of romance.

That’s cool.
Unless the girl likes to have things planned out. Next time you’re at her house, look for a calendar. If it’s cluttered with stuff, you probably shouldn’t do the spontaneous date thing.
If it’s empty and forgotten, you’re fine. :)

Spontaneous would be unbelieveably exciting. I think many women have grown weary of the traditional dinner and a movie. A ballgame, basketball- one on one, the zoo, the frickin museum is so darn exciting to some people, or a current art exhibition, there are sooo many things! (the batting cages won me over)

43 Things Login