Sponsored Links

How To Learn

www.nitlc.com/     Study Online Courses, Improve Your Skills And Knowledges Today.

dandv CHECK MY DONE and GIVEN UP lists!

learn how to use 43 Things
A question about this goal: What's the deal with "username wants to do X" goals with thumbnails? March 27th, 2007 22:51

Answers:

In boxes with random goals, I keep seeing things like “alenahra wants to go to Burning Man 2005”. These “goals” also have thumbnails.

Are these goals picked at random from random users, or is there some way to have your goal (maybe as a team?) show up in these goal boxes?

Since the box is supposed to showcase somewhat popular goals, maybe the pool of goals with zero people wanting to do them should be excluded?

Todd Schoonover is rehashing old avatars

The boxes that appear at the bottom of screens has a random sampling of goals. More popular goals are highlighted and have increased font size. Usually three random users are also singled out and the picture that appears is their avatar beside a statement that they want to do a certain goal.

This feature exposes people to goals and people they may not have encountered before. The random nature of it also means that sometimes you’ll find yourself among them. Other than ranking of the random selection of goals, the highlighting/font change is not indicating that those goals are better than any other goal.

> The random nature of it also means that sometimes
> you’ll find yourself among them.

Hi Todd,

I’d bet the farm that you and I have actually never had a goal featured among them.

See my entry How do I get my goals featured on the main page?.

43 Things Login