Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ
Read the entire Bible
Why?

Yes, I read the entire bible, chapter by chapter and verse by verse. Ultimately, it’s the bible that turned me off of Christianity more than anything else. The only reason I put that it’s worth doing is because I do believe that if I hadn’t studied the bible, I’d still be a Christian!

Comments:

Keep Reading

Well keep reading! This is just a wild guess, but are you mainly reading bits and pieces of the New Testament? Or parts that are recommended to you in devotionals? Because if you’re doing that it’s going to take you a long time before you get turned off; but trust me you will in time. You’d be amazed how many Christians become EX-Christians because of Bible Studying.

dont ever tell someone they will lose faith in the bible. just because you are weak and lost faith doesnt mean that i or anyone else will. Well keep reading is that encouragement? are you trying to edge me on to read the bible? you dont have to, i read it anyway. and yes i do read what is reccomended to me in devotionals and such because im 14 and i go youth group every wednesday and sunday. i’ll never be turned off by the bible, only faithless, wavering people like you are.

LOL

Well you told me that turning away from Christianity was, I quote ,“the worst mistake” I ever made (which is just the opposite). So I don’t see what the problem is in me telling you and others that if you continue one day you will may never well loose your religion. You may or may not, it really depends on how much you actually study. That is why I encourage to you continue studying, and to not just go by devotionals because they do pick out the better parts and tend to focus on them only. You’re are only 14, so you do have a long way to go.

As for your comments about me being “faithless” and “wavering”. No I wasn’t and like I said earlier, you don’t know me. If you did you’d have know I was and am a very hot or cold person, I never do anything half way, it’s always got to be all the way. I used to be a fanatical fundie Christian when I was a teenager. So for you to tell me that I was wavering in my faith back when I used to be a Christian makes me laugh particularly considering I used to spend most of my waking hours studying that bible. I was turned off not because of my “lack of faith” or because I think he doesn’t exist, but because I find your god to be an evil being and not worthy of my worship.

you never responded.

Did you read these? go to bible.com if you don’t have a bible yourself. its free on there. you never said anything so probably so.

Deut 23:1
If you don’t have your dick and balls completely you can’t go to church

Job 41
esp 16-21
Leviathan wasn’t a dragon…how? (your preacher will call him a gator or a whale)

1 Kings 20:35-36
Struck down by a lion in the name of God because he refused to smite a prophet?

Numbers 31:17,18
Kill anyone not a female virgin and take the virgins for yourselves (this happens a lot in the old testament)

2 Sam 24:1 vs 1 Cron 21:1
Who told David to number Israel, God’s wrath or Satan?

Deut 20:17
Kill off the other members of the 12 tribes of Israel in God’s name if they don’t join you (sounds very Nazi from WWII)

Deut 22:25-30
If you rape a married woman and get caught you die if you rape a virgin and get caught you have to marry her (and thats OK?)

Psalm 86:8
Isaiah 40:1-8
1 Kings 22:19-21
there are multiple gods, yhwh was the one who chose Israel as his own.
(look up more on the ‘council of the gods’)
“Who is like You among the gods”

Deut 32:8
Is when God divided the people, older translations are correct in saying he did this among the other “gods”

aww youre 14?...so young and blind, do you believe in the easter bunny, too? You remind me of Moral Oral. Cute. Grow up then argue with the people who have spent their life studying. Not a few years listening to a preacher.

I want to:
43 Things Login