I haven’t been on here much the last few days, but I wanted to make sure that I came up with five things (actually a few more) on Thanksgiving Day. If not, then I’m pretty sure I would end up in hell for a transgression of that magnitude…
1) My family. Looking forward to seeing many of them later today. They have always given me love and support…and it is especially nice to feel that from them right now.
2) Good friends. I have been blessed with many who have stood beside me and supported my recent decisions. I really appreciate their understanding in difficult circumstances.
3) To have been born in the United States. I could have landed anywhere in this world but I have been so blessed that I was born in what I truly believe is the greatest country on earth. We have so many freedoms that we take for granted on an everyday basis…just very thankful that the early leaders of America came up with something as wonderful as the Bill of Rights.
4) Our military. They are the ones that have, and continue to do so, fight for us so we can maintain our many freedoms. Thanks to all our current military and veterans today; you are appreciated by so many!
5) A roof over my head, food to eat, and good health. So many do not have the basic neccessities of life. I feel very fortunate.
6) A good job with great benefits that pays the bills and allows me the opportunity to work with terrific people, who have became a second family to me.
7) My daughter Katie. So glad that I decided, although it was getting late in the game for me, to have a child. I cannot picture my life without her. I love her so much…and she is so good. Love her sweet heart and good humor. I got very lucky.
8) My wife. Although things are not ending the way I expected, I thank her for being such a big part of my life for so many years. She has influenced me in many ways and has made me a better person during our time together. And, more importantly, I would not have Katie without her.
9) My friend Maggie. In the past year, our relationship has slowly grown, and in the past couple months has blossomed into something I never expected. She has been a wonderful surprise; a gift from above. I love her very much and look forward to seeing where our relationship goes from here. Someone just MUST be watching out for me somewhere!
10) 43things. Very happy that I have discovered this site and met so many interesting and warm people here. Thank you all…and I want to wish everybody a very happy Thanksgiving! :)