Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

soapscum is logging into 43things for the first time in FOREVER.

enjoy Fall 2007 by having one new and fulfilling experience in October, November, and December (read all 3 entries…)
No sense waiting until the last minute...

It’s the last day of November, so I guess I’ll relate my new and fulfilling experience. I visited my best friends over the weekend (out of state, without the family!), and spent the weekend with my pal and his fiancé. She’s really wonderful! And my best friend is marrying her! Getting to know her was very fulfilling, and when she learned I was a wine geek, she broke out a very special bottle she’d been saving for a special occasion. Imagine; meeting me, a special occasion! Very cool. (I’ve now blown my annual budget for exclamation points.)

Comments:

soapscum is logging into 43things for the first time in FOREVER.

My only recommendation...

Learn what YOU like! Try different things, and when something grabs you, read the label. European wines are a little tricky, because they’re named after places whereas US/Australia/Etc. wines are classified by grape variety. So, in the case of Beaujolais Villages, you’re talking about grenache (mostly). The great thing about wine is that you can learn as much about it as you want to. Learn what you like first (big reds, medium reds, fruity, earthy, etc.) and the rest will follow. Viva vino!

Ivymere finds strength...somewhere, somehow

Hmm

Okay. I will keep trying. :p I’ve gone to one wine-tasting thing…very different than the normal type, I think. It was for a purpose, rather than just to taste wine (help my friend choose one to make a barrel of to give away as gifts).

It was funny – she and I had such different tastes.

I want to:
43 Things Login