Danadanadana Using my intuition, and living a life of joy...that's the plan anyway!

keep the kitchen counters clear (read all 3 entries…)
I believe the key to this goal

(for me, anyway) is to have people over more often. Then I scramble around tidying things, and they do actually stay tidy for a reasonable amount of time.

...However, empty wine glasses do tend to congregate on the counter by the sink when people come over :-)

Comments:

Let me understand this.

You don’t just pile shit up on the kitchen counters until you’re sick of looking at it, then tell your kid to do the dishes?

I’ll be dipped…

Of course, the kid bitches…but then I threaten not to give her money for gas…so she gets really enthusiastic about doing the dishes, at least for a while.

Danadanadana Using my intuition, and living a life of joy...that's the plan anyway!

Hmmmm...

You know, you are the first person who has put forward a reasonable justification for having kids… I may have to reconsider my position on that, one of these days.

Every time the dishes get stacked up from now on, I’m going to wonder if those are “mommy pangs” I feel, or if it’s just the more familiar “pain in the butt”/resignation feeling.

Well, really, when one thinks about it...

...the only reason for having kids is to do to them what shit your parents did to you, right?

Well, and the slavery part.

GO WASH THE CAR, KID, OR IT’LL BE BACK IN THE CLOSET FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!!

Oh poo...

Now it seems I’ll need to acquire a kid and a car.

...and a 5 gallon bucket.

I think I’ll start with the bucket and see how it goes from there ;-)

You COULD just buy...

...one of those Romanian kids no one wants.

You could probably get one or two for cheap…and they could bathe in the bucket.

I’m savin’ you some money here.

I want to:
43 Things Login