Kim N Still single. Don't wanna be.

Go to the dentist (read all 4 entries…)
Now I have another dentist

I got a letter from my dental insurance that said they’ve signed me up with a different dentist. Hopefully, the staff will be nice to me when I try to make an appointment next week.

Comments:

It's amazing that some in the medical / dental field don't treat their patients as customers...

But finding a good dentist is not easy… but asking around is a good way. For example, asking your general practitioner or gynecologist. I am sure they wouldn’t settle for bad dentists…

Note: Make sure your general practitioner or gynecologist has good teeth before you take their word on a good dentist.

Since I never go to the doctor, either ...

I can’t ask them. :)

I did ask around to some people at work, but all the dentists they recommended aren’t taking new patients. I ended up picking one close to work.

I wonder why finding a good dentist is not easy. Are there more bad dentists than good? What makes a dentist bad? I haven’t been in so many years, I don’t even know. I just know if the support staff is rude, I don’t want anything to do with them.

Since you (as well as me) have not much experience going to dentists...

You haven’t had the unfortunate experience of having a bad (ie, bordering on incompetence) dentist yet… That is probably one of the key reasons why “good” dentists are completely booked and not accepting new patients…

That's what I'm afraid of

(that the good dentists are all booked)

I worry about the ones who tell you that you need a lot of unnecessary work done so they can run up the bill.

I want to:
43 Things Login