brightthunder misses everyone, and is thankful for their prayers.

Post Random Thoughts That Don't Fit Elsewhere (read all 9 entries…)
Sigh

I’ve been feeling pretty low these last few days, probably the reason I haven’t posted much.
I know the reason, I just don’t know what to do about it.
I have an online friend who is very dear to me…unfortunately he has been facing some major problems over the last two years. His problems fall within an area which I am qualified to help and have quite a lot of experience in.
I’ve been trying to help him since the outset. And spending hours chatting about his problems, at least four evenings a week. I’ve come up with every possible solution I can think of, and done lots of research to ensure I’m not missing something, or not up to date.
I’ve presented the solutions in a whole variety of ways.
Yet, he has not taken even one tiny step to reslove the problems, and of course, as time passes the problems are growing and becoming more complex.

In many ways I understand his reluctance, for to address these problems he must do several difficult things.
– make some decisions
– make some significant changes to his lifestyle
– commit to putting the necessary time, effort and money into the solution.
All of the above can be hard for people to do.

But, this last week, it’s become obvious he hasn’t done any of these things. Not one step forward:(
And still we circle the problems again and again:(
I feel like a magician…and he’s waiting for me to pull the rabbit out of the hat. I feel he’s waiting for me to come up with an EASY solution. I wish I could, but addressing his problems will be difficult, and I can’t make it otherwise:(

I feel exasperated and deflated. And I’m dreading our next chat.

Comments:

Thanks restless

I think I have made it clear that I can offer advice and suggestions, but that he must be the one to actually take the actions necessary.

You’re so right about his need to vent, he does need that very much. But venting isn’t enough, that alone won’t solve his problems.

I think the situation is wearing on me because of the repetitvness, and also sometimes I feel like it’s so very long since we actually spoke about anything else.
I actually wondered after our last chat, where all the fun had gone:(
I don’t want to abandon my friend, I won’t do that, but maybe I need to be a little more strict.

(This comment was deleted.)

That's An Excellent Idea:)

because I do need some fun with this friend.
I need to be reminded why we are friends, and just have some normal conversation.
I think too, we need a serious conversation about time zones….times that suit him are always very late at night for me. This is not helping me overcome my insomnia at all.

I’m rubbish at being strict, but I see I need to set some limits here. Thank you.

Jillianne B happy 4 this moment is your life.....

You are important,

and it is OK to set boundries and limits on people that drain your energy, Good Luck with it all you have a big heart that needs to be loved and looked after as well.

Oh Thank You Jillianne

for your lovely words and photo:)
You touched my heart.

I want to:
43 Things Login