Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

DocD Ahh, calm has returned.

I want an avocado plantation (read all 4 entries…)
Advocate avocados

I love avocados. I like walking around avocado trees. So why wouldn’t I want my own plantation? Stands to reason, yeah? I picture myself riding a horse through my plantation. Does anybody know how many types of avocados there are in the world? My favorite is the Queen Anne, like a round black smooth and shiney skinned softball. The taste is out of this world.

Comments:

Queen Anne

Actually, the only time and place I found this avocado was from a friend’s very old large tree in 1976 in Los Angeles. As to its firmness, it was perfect, probably due to us picking it right from the tree at the perfect time. As for nuttyness, I’m not sure what you mean, but it was more flavorful than any other I’d eaten, soooo gooood.

tikini wikini a fond farewell to 43Things

so far my favorite avocados are grown in Ventura county.

hass

I’ve eaten plenty of avocados from Ventura county. What I seem to find here in Hawaii in the super markets are hass. The local Hawaiian grown avocados are bigger, smoother skinned and not as tasty. In Indonesia they are small thin and long. My brother lives in Mongolia and can only find Russian grown avocados which are usually partially rotten from slow shipping and poor storage. When he comes to visit, he gobbles up avocados like candy.

I want to:
43 Things Login