Sherlock I want more cheers to give!

drop 1 lb (read all 9 entries…)
It's so easy

to stay on a diet at home, and so hard when I’m traveling! For example, I’m in a hotel now. I looked at the breakfast menu this morning, and the only thing healthy they had were eggs at $29! Scratch that. I got a danish at $14 instead. That lasted me till mid-afternoon, when I could finally dash in the hotel restaurant, which had been woefully over-crowded. Again, cost was an issue, so I had a chicken salad sandwich on wheat. It’s 7:30 now, and I buckled and tried to order room service, since I have some work to do in my room, but it would take an hour and a half! Ergo, I’m sitting here with a small can of mixed nuts, the healthiest thing (from a diabetic perspective) from the minibar.

Anybody else out there who is diabetic got any tricks for handling eating healthy while traveling???

Comments:

Adar What?

I am not diabetic...

but I have spent a lot of time on the road in the past couple of years, living in hotel rooms on a minimal budget.

I pack beef jerky and unsalted nuts. If there is somewhere to shop, I buy a bag of apples and some peanut butter. I’ve even been known to pack them if I thought I couldn’t get to a store. It isn’t exactly Fine Dining, but it keeps me out of worse things.

Sherlock I want more cheers to give!

Inspired thoughts!

Really brilliant. Question, though—Is it okay to bring food through the airport security?

Adar What?

As long as it is not a gel or liquid...

I’ve had no problem. And I am always ready to cheerfully toss anything that the TSA disapproves.

I’ve never taken peanut butter in a carry on – I doubt they would allow it. But in checked luggage, why not? I just wrap it carefully so that if something untoward happens, I don’t wind up smelling like Little Miss Peanut.

I want to:
43 Things Login