Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

creativekitty Back on 43 Things again! :)

Complete registration for three OU short courses
Well I'm trying again!

This time the courses I want to do are:

Introduction to the social sciences pt1 – registered now just need to send off another financial application form have to go back to the doctors and get it signed properly! Urgh!

Making sense of the arts – have to print and send this app off or do it online and pay straight away. I think I will have to pay for this one, as there is not much time before it starts (march) and it’s much more tricky to get funding as it is a short course they have got catches on it. Annoying but it is not as much money as the others.

Heritage whose heritage? – another short course that is the same as making sense of the arts. But because this starts later and if I am approved for my first lot of funding from the Social Sciences course, I should get this one paid for too!

Completion of these courses will give me 60 credit points. Then when I go onto do that other course I was so close to starting in feb but now is too late, that will mean I would have completed a first year of study at a university. And I’ll get a Humanities certificate too!

Comments:

creativekitty Back on 43 Things again! :)

Love to know...

How you’ve been finding your course? There’s so many different courses to chose from, I do like the social sciences side, but also the Humanities too. I do want to work towards getting enough courses done to get a degree with them, as it’s the only chance I’ll get. I would not be able to afford to go to a Uni full-time now but I think the OU is a great alternative, even though it’ll take longer! Best wishes with your studies, nice to get in touch with someone who is doing a course with them too :)

(This comment was deleted.)

I want to:
43 Things Login