Arisar is taking weight loss one day (and bite) at a time

lose 20 lbs (read all 8 entries…)
Day Four (The Wall)

I’m trying very hard not to feel down and lose my motivation, but I just don’t feel as excited about improving my diet as I did yesterday and the day before. I know, I know, it’s only been four days. I guess I was hoping to see a change already, like more energy or even look/feel thinner. How do I know that what I’m doing is working?

Yes, I want to have lower cholesterol and blood pressure and decrease my chances of Type 2 diabetes and other illnesses, BUT I also want to lose weight. I want to fit comfortably into a size 10 again. Heck, a size 12 would be great too.

I’m going to talk to Dad. Maybe he can give me some good advice and let me know if I’m even doing the right thing.

Comments:

good luck

i just wanted to say losing weight takes time. you really need to be patient and keep motivated. it is important to find the right diet which would work for you too. i am sure you’ll get there sooner or later. i, myself find it too difficult to keep motivated at the begining. give yourself a week or 10 days. you’ll feel a lot better about yourself. good luck.

Arisar is taking weight loss one day (and bite) at a time

Thank You

That’s so kind of you to offer words of encouragement to a complete stranger! I really appreciate it and you’re absolutely right, staying motivated is one of the hardest things about dieting and trying to eat right. Today is better than yesterday.

So far, I haven’t lost any weight, but I know that most permanent weight loss happens slowly. In the past when I did extreme diets, I’d be losing like 5+lbs a week, which isn’t healthy.

The way I’m eating now is a way that I can be comfortable with doing for the rest of my life and not just “until I get skinny”.

Thank you again and I wish you all the best with your journey as well. :-)

I want to:
43 Things Login