prioritize goals by number of cheers given (read all 4 entries…)
bizarre interaction effects

It is really interesting watching the bizarre consequences of the interactions between the items on my list. Currently my #2 goal is “Complete 100 things on 43 Things”. The next several goals are things that will take many hours or days to complete, while things farther down may only take a couple of hours. Normally, I should prioritize the things that will take longer, because they have gotten more cheers, but because of the “Complete 100 things” goal, that is above them, there is a push to do goals that will be quicker to do, to accomplish this goal faster, thus upending the whole priority list. It’s kind of fascinating.

Comments:

I’ve noticed what you mean about people being more likely to cheer goals at the top of the list. (I’ve sometimes taken to starting from the bottom of the list to find a goal to cheer when looking at other people’s lists, for this very reason.) I figure that as I complete goals near the top of the list, the ones from farther down will move up and get more attention over time.

I want to:
43 Things Login