Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency 2014 is My Year to FLOURISH! Thank you, Heavenly Papa!

Joyfully & Easily Be Consistent At Gaining Strength In My Life (43) (read all 176 entries…)
Letting Go

Sometimes in letting go of things we gain so much more than being rigid and holding on.

This is a simple thing that happened this morning. As we were driving to the library, my goal was to have shade for my car. It’s hot outside and I’ll even walk a little bit to get shade for the car. I resigned myself that if there were no areas of shade for my car, we’d go to the parking garage to park. That definitely had shade, but was a further walk.

As I turned the bend to go down the parking lot aisle to leave, my son holdered that a spot under the tree had just freed up. We never get a spot that close under the tree to the library. I was ecstatic and kept thanking God.

God always gives us wonderful parking spaces. Most of the time we get a shaded parking space, if the parking lot has any shaded spots. I almost expect it, but if I don’t, I’m alright with just having a spot to park. Rarely will I get a spot that is far away and not shady. Shady & close is great, but not what we get most of the time.

God is God. I am not. I can put in a request, but He doesn’t have to fulfill it in that time or at all. When He does, it’s so amazingly grand.

I know. It’s just a parking spot. But, I think God uses that for our lives, too.

As my financial situation changes and hopefully by the end of the year I can do some other things to bring in money consistently & legally (that might mean working for someone else like a company again), there are certain things I would like to have in how I make money. Making good money would be excellent and I know no matter how the economy is, God is still in control. I’m on God’s economy, not man’s.

There is nothing that happens that God does not allow, and nothing goes unnoticed with Him. He just sometimes chooses not to do anything right at that time. Yes, bad things do happen and God does allow it. We do live in a sinful world and the choices of either ourselves or others that are wrong do happen. God gives everyone free will and unfortunately, that and sin do coincide, which means that bad things do happen to good people.

Lots of bad things have happened to my kids and I, but God has used those bad things to teach us a lot of things, to grow & mature us, especially me. My heart was so hard towards certain things and I was super judgmental, not very compassionate, control freak, perfectionist, uptight and a lot of other things. Granted, I was always a nice person, especially when compared to a lot of other people, but in God’s light, I just was very out of alignment with Him.

And, I was stubborn, did not want to submit to authority, didn’t want to listen, had to do things my way, rebellious, had to learn things the hard way. Well, after considerable hardships and pain, that really isn’t the greatest way to go.

I really don’t stress about parking spaces and I’m fine with whatever I get. But, more often than none, I get choice parking areas and that just makes the blessings so much more delightful.

I’ve been concerned that if I have to go work for someone that the time with my kids will be forfeited and the flexibility with it, too. That just really tears at me. But, I just need to let that go and if God wants me to work somewhere to provide for my kids, it will be on His terms, not mine, and that He will work everything out.

It may not be like the parking spaces, but who knows? It could be a high paying job with great flexibility with my schedule to accommodate my kids, church, personal stuff. Who knows what God has in store. He’s God. Breathing deeply and letting go.

Comments:

Tristan ♫•*¨♥♥`*•´♫ is blooming ♫•*¨♥♥`*•´♫

Letting go is the way to allow all the good to come into our lives.

Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency 2014 is My Year to FLOURISH! Thank you, Heavenly Papa!

Yes

I can see you’re doing similar with your life and that encourages me, too!!!

I want to:
43 Things Login