Learn to cook (read all 6 entries…)
Thanksgiving Dinner
So Thanksgiving is around the corner & I’m trying to figure out what to make for a nice Thanksgiving dinner for just me & my husband. This is our first Thanksgiving as a married couple & away from our families for the first time. It’s going to be a pretty bland & boring dinner this year but I was thinking a
  • sweet potato casserole
  • boxed stuffing (I don’t really now how to cook anything homemade, I can do the basics!)
  • cranberry sauce
  • most likley some baked chicken breast, I don’t know the first thing about a Turkey :(
  • some dinner rolls
  • I would do a green bean casserole but I only have one casserole dish in our temporary house. So just some grean beans….

Sound like a decent enough Thanksgiving? Any ideas?

Comments:

Rice stuffing

You so should look into that, there are tons of variations, and easy ways to make it your own.

Everyone here loves my rice stuffings, I have done it in cornish hens, and turkey.

Until I did the Rice Stuffing, I hated stuffing. Now it is the only stuffing I will make.

And if Turkey is too much for your first, then do whole chickens. They are so much smaller, and great for getting your feet wet.

Better yet start by picking one thing for every dinner from now till thanksgiving and practice.

That sounds really good!

I’ll have to try it!

I want to:
43 Things Login