Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

LipglossKiller I like my coffee black.

get an internship (read all 9 entries…)
Sent out

my resume to a few more places. I even got a response from one website! Not a guarantee, but hey, a start!

I haven’t really told a lot of people that I finished school for a few reasons. One being that I’m not sure how long it’s going to take me to find an internship or work, and honestly, I’m a little embarrassed that I have all this down time. Another reason is that I’m not entirely confident in everything that I’ve learned yet and I’m afraid that someone will ask me something I might not know the answer to. This is really stupid. I know…
I find that people who do know that I’m done LOVE to talk about it with me. Friends, acquaintances, even strangers all seem to want to help me out. It’s crazy because I haven’t asked anybody for help or leads, but so many people are reaching out to me anyway. It gives me the warm fuzzies :D It’s nice knowing that some people are genuinely awesome.

Comments:

Joe Mayer is depressed that the U.S. has set itself up to become a police state.

Good luck!

I’m sure you’ll track down a decent internship. I know that most companies seem to like having interns, because they get good work out of them at a bargain-basement price, and if you work out well, all the better. If you don’t, once they internship is done, you just go on your merry way and they don’t get a ding on their unemployment insurance rates.

I hope something really good comes along for you, though. And never worry about not knowing the answer when they ask you something: As long as you’re willing to try to find the answer, most employers are more than happy.

LipglossKiller I like my coffee black.

Thank you!

You are so right. Thanks for the encouragement! :D

I want to:
43 Things Login