Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

dragonfly35 is @dragonfly35 on PopClogs.

Plan a very simple, beautiful, and meaningful wedding (read all 46 entries…)
I bought the dress!

After looking a few times, I found a dress I love. In many ways, it wasn’t what I thought I was looking for and I now need to change how I’m envisioning my attire for the wedding – but compared to everything else, I love it and it suits me. I’m a bit surprised because it’s strapless, it’s ivory lace, it’s beaded all over, it has a small train… all things I thought I didn’t want. But it’s simple and elegant, it looks great on me, and I feel like myself in it. I paid a little more than I was hoping to but stayed within my budget. I feel a bit weird about “buying into the industry” in a sense and getting an overpriced dress made in China. I’ll try to get socially responsible shoes. :)

The wedding dress thing is so weird… I had to admit that I wanted a regular gown, even though things bugged me about it… Now I’m confused about issues of alterations and preservation of the dress. I can’t decide what to do with the dress after the wedding. It seems dumb to keep it, and I’m not sure about the expense of having it preserved. It seems like a scam. Ditto costs to have a gown cleaned, if I want to sell it for ex. Maybe there’s somewhere I can donate it where someone in need can enjoy it.

Here is the catalog picture of the dress. Sorry no pictures of me in the dress are being shared publicly at this time. :)

Comments:

aswedishlime I'm on 43Refugees and DayZeroProject!

This is lovely!

Great choice!

I know there’s an organization you can donate dresses to that sells the gowns affordably, and all the profits go to fulfilling breast cancer patients’ wishes, and I believe there are likely other organizations with different causes that do the same thing.

dragonfly35 is @dragonfly35 on PopClogs.

Thanks!

I think I found them on Google. That seems like a great option for dress donation. :)

I want to:
43 Things Login