Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

NualaBuala Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life

run a 5k
I'm a runner!

This was a milestone for me (or should that be kilometer stone?). Anyway I finally feel like a fully-fledged proper runner and it’s a joyous feeling after being stuck on a couch for so long.

I was nervous about the race as it seemed fast looking at last year’s results. But I needn’t have worried, although I was relatively slow, I was far from being last … and even if I was, so what?!

I had read that I shouldn’t get overly swept up in the adrenaline rush so I took it at my usual pace and didn’t surge ahead with the crowd at the start. I didn’t let myself get discouraged as many people passed me by even though I’d started towards the back. But I kept going, just a little faster than my usual pace but at a pace I knew I could sustain. As the kilometers passed by, many of those who had raced past me fell back and I just kept on going.

On the last stretch I knew I had plenty of juice in the tank and I sped up … that was a real blast!

And so that how I survived my first 5k and fell in love with racing! I’ve already signed up for my next one at St Patrick’s weekend – bring it on!

Comments:

Zanna Campanula of the revolutionary trousers

brilliant!

congratulations, fellow runner! :D

NualaBuala Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life

"fellow runner"

That sounds so good to me! Thanks a million for your encouragment!

Zanna Campanula of the revolutionary trousers

i know!

i’m still astounded that i have learned to be “a runner” and am now part of the running community (if a very slow member). i don’t think i’ll ever lose that astonishment. and the incredible satisfaction it brings :)))))))

I totally get

the astonishment factor! :-) It’s lovely to know I’m not the only one, thanks!

And wishing you lots more happy running!

I want to:
43 Things Login