john_swale is just gonna go

March - go to the gym whenever I can at least 700cal and 10k (read all 22 entries…)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit

So an almost big milestone today with running a mile.
Then doing some weights, but I’m gonna do more tomorrow. One little gripe is – I’m on fitocracy now and I like completing quests and challenges and stuff. But some of the stuff on there, like because the gym I go to has a smith machine all the barbell bench press stuff doesn’t count and the cycling as I don’t actually go cycling.
I’d like it to be harder but in some cases I just can’t – with no bike I can’t go riding plus I do a whole set if I went bike riding it’d be just that and only on roads so stopping and starting and all polluted.

But as with a certain someones post lets not focus on anything negative for at least seven days. So doing a mile in one go and in 10min 22ssecs not bad for a first time right :D

Comments:

I don't like easy

If something is easy then I don’t really have a lot of interest in it, but it does feel like what I do would be very easy for people and I’m not getting any better.
Just more me being realistic, setting almost like minimal levels and all. Plus there should always be an improvement and as yet there isn’t. Hmm I think I’ll go back to my original thing on wednesday that might work.

iamevoxus there is freedom in letting go

how long

have u been working out like this? maybe u need to change it up abit. try different styles of working out.

change is the only way

Trust homeslice I do change it and mix it up. Like different challenges and stuff I may go back to that a bit more but its like I need to drop weight and work on running. I don’t wanna do odd things at the gym as I
get embarrassed and honestly I can’t do anything at home.
But honesty I do. Its more I get bored really rather easily.

iamevoxus there is freedom in letting go

ok fair enough

work on the cardio to lose the weight, then other things later to build muscle.

im thinking of doing more cardio too myself.

just gotta make it interesting. try interval training with the treadmill. (sprinting for 30 secs – stopping for 30s for 30 mins) or the stair climber is excelent. eliptical and crosstrainer is also good. all these machines helped me lose weight in the past but i was working out 2 hours a day back then. i might go back to that myself to blitz the weight.

and then later go back to weight training.

good luck whatever u do, but keep at it =)

Stopping?!

lol what does that word mean?
To be fair lifting weights actually burns tonnes of calories but it’s not all about cals at all.
I’ve got lots of like little challenges I may just do that each time but they all burn to the same.
Interval is the best way though so yea do that. Still do some weights you can do interval weights – like bodyweight

I want to:
43 Things Login