20 something Needs to stop procrastinating!
Going clubbing on a Saturday night or dancing in a mosh pit often leaves a women inclined to think, yes, “Chivalry is dead”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a man hater, I love men. Men and Women are different, and yes, women’s rights have lead us to be more aggressive and outspoken and less needy of “the perfect gentleman”.
I however, as a truly independent, educated 20-something year old, would like to find A FUCKING GENTLEMAN!
I don’t know if it’s just an Australian thing, but I don’t even think I have actually met a gentleman in my life.
What constitutes a gentleman:
- not making derogetory marks about others based on appearance/handicap/things they can’t help.
- being polite, sincere and generally helpful “i.e. Always opens the door for old people, and occasionally for me”.
- offering to carry heavy things
- Standing when a woman leaves the table. WHEN DID THAT END? BRING IT BACK, NOW!
- accompanying women if they need to go somewhere even remotely dangerous. On two separate occasions I have been left by TWO SEPARATE BOYFRIENDS to go places alone where something bad could have happened, and in the last instance, something almost did (Think sexual assault!).
- A gentleman is never a tight-ass. Considering, on average a man STILL makes more money than a woman, yes, you can fucking buy me a drink!
- A gentleman will never ask for oral sex. EVER. I make it a point to not give it until he has gotten out of the habit of asking for it.
Those are just some basics I would like to find in a guy. No-one is perfect, and no-one can be a gentleman %100 of the time. But for god’s sake men, make the effort PLEASE!.
and if you can, just be more like Ryan Gosling. Oh Ryan, you are the perfect gentleman.