post random questions daily and see if anyone plays with me and answers them :) (read all 10 entries…)
I'm desperate to hear some new music!

Who are your FAVOURITE artists/songs for

1. Appreciating skillful songwriting
2. Dancing at home by yourself
3. Getting ready to go out
4. Cooking
5. Eating and/or conversation
6. Reading/studying/working
7. Seduction
8. Unwinding
9. Working out/walking/running
10. Long distance driving

Anyone else?

Comments:

mrcreed is.

new music...to me anyway. i just heard these for the first time recently =)

eilan jewell too hot to sleep
chris smither- dont call me stranger
one eskimo- amazing
the puppini sisters-in the mood(HOT!)
bonnie raitt- million miles

oo, thanks!

All new to me too, exciting :)
I love some old Bonnie Raitt, don’t think I’ve heard this particular one, yet.

mrcreed is.

its

from her new album

One Eskimo

What a voice!!

Rara Apis (I be The Bee, ie, BQ, in da 43 'hood since Aug.2006

Oooh!

Love Chris Smither! Saw him in concert about….hmmmm…6 or 7 years ago.

This is a fun song, with a good story to part of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKlF-JYsYNg

Liked the One Eskimo! Need to have another listen…

mrcreed is.

great song!

i heard this song on the radio last week! =D

Rara Apis (I be The Bee, ie, BQ, in da 43 'hood since Aug.2006

I really appreciate

his musicianship, if you ever get the chance to see him in concert, treat yourself. He’s a lot of fun; he has a great rapport with the audience, at least he did that night, and he does this really cool thing with his feet, a combo of keeping time, I think, and using his own feet as percussion on the floor of the stage. You can actually hear it in some of his recordings….I love a good live show. I like good showmanship/rapport as much as the music, though I get it when an artist just wants to get up there and play….like Bob Dylan. I have seen him twice, and he doesn’t chat much with the audience, but he is polite, says thanks once in a while, introduces his band and such at least. I have seen people in the past whose stage presence was horrible. Shawn Colvin, and Michelle Shocked, for example, both of whom were insufferably rude and bitchy. If I have just paid X amount for a ticket, I don’t care if you choose not to banter with the audience, but please don’t be RUDE to it, especially if they are being gracious and welcoming. Bad form, man! Shawn Colvin bitched about my state and the weather (what does one expect when they come here in winter???) and Michelle Shocked, whom I have seen 2x (never again) threw her mike down on the stage and walked off because no one was dancing! (Neither venue had any dance space at all, and to stand up in front of our chairs to dance would have meant blocking the view of other people….) her band played on both times. They must be used to her tantrums….”Ohhhh there she goes again, let’s just jam for a while again, shall we boys….” So unprofessional and ungracious…..

I want to:
43 Things Login