dragonfly35 April is here!

Daily: Reflect on 5 things for which I'm grateful. (read all 891 entries…)
4/30/12 - Monday 8:13am gratitude reflection
Today, I’m so very grateful:
  1. For buckling down and getting some stuff done
  2. For getting enough rest
  3. For the light at the end of the tunnel
  4. For having a plan
  5. For roasted beets

Thank you.

Comments:

Holly is not doing so good on getting things done!

Beet pancakes?

Your list made me laugh. I like the roasted beets part. If you like beets have you ever tried beet pancakes? There’s a recipe in Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything but it’s pretty simple.

Take three or four beets, grate them. Mix them with some rosemary and a tablespoon of flour. Brown some butter in a fry pan and add the beet mix. Pat it down and let it cook until the beets go a bit crispy and the upper beets get tender then flip over.

Serve with sour cream.

It’s the most surprising excellent dish you’ll have all week! My husband is very suspicious of vegetables, particularly weird red ones. When I first put this down he looked like I was trying to poison him, but once he took a bite he was hooked.

Mmm…..

Which of these things doesn't belong...?

Ha ha! I didn’t even think about how the list would read as a whole. :)

That recipe sounds great. We are getting more beets in this week’s CSA box, so I’ll try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Holly!

I finally got around to making these, and they were SO GOOD! I totally forgot to season them before I put them in the pan, so I had to press the rosemary into the top side only. I can tell they would be even better if I’d remembered to season them at the right point in the process! Didn’t have any sour cream, but went with Greek yogurt, which was an excellent match. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks for the tip! I would never have thought of it.

Holly is not doing so good on getting things done!

Can't be beet!

YAY! I have a bunch in the fridge i should make too! Thanks for your note – glad you enjoyed them.

(This comment was deleted.)

I want to:
43 Things Login