Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

wembleyheads please keep in touch! :)

keep a bird life list (read all 109 entries…)
47. Yellow-rumped warbler 4-22-12

What an exciting moment! I was looking up an Eastern phoebe, when on a nearby tree branch, spied this warbler! Striking black and white stripes. I almost could recognize it from reading bird guides. At least my mind kept repeating Dendroica and I realized the yellow shoulder patch was the key…required a little bit of sleuthing once I was home.

The white rather than yellow throat identified this as the eastern Myrtle form of the yellow-rumped warbler. Yellow throat is the western Audubon’s form.

http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/154/_/Yellow-rumped_Warbler.aspx

Here are my awful pictures… the warbler would not cooperate even at close range :D

Comments:

(This comment was deleted.)

wembleyheads please keep in touch! :)

What a sleek bird!

And only found in California! I’ll have to find an oak savannah next time I’m in the Golden State :)

You can report your sighting on eBird if you are somewhat nerdy… or check their map of recent sightings:
http://ebird.org/ebird/map/yebmag?bmo=1&emo=12&byr=2008&eyr=2012

TG

I've looked for those

when I was traveling in central CA, but I’ve still never seen one :(

(This comment was deleted.)

TG

We have

lots of Black-billed magpies around here, but I’m still hoping to see a Yellow-billed someday!

I want to:
43 Things Login