Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

Spatz Please stay in contact!

Stress less (read all 37 entries…)
Better balance

I found this list in EverydayFairy’s entries, it’s so great I had to try and adapt it.
So, to get trough the next weeks, I plan to:

• make a `to-do` list and use it
  • don’t do it all yourself and utilize my team more
  • do not stay overtime too often and if I do–let it be an hour max
  • do not work at home
  • no work email at home or on the weekend
  • everyday after work do at least 2 of those things–eat lunch together, go for a walk, read a book, watch a good movie, exercise
  • go to bed around 10:30
  • make short breaks at work–to rest my eyes and back and get fresh air
  • everyday do something fun
  • get out during the lunch break
  • ..and try to enjoy life :)

picture via pinterest

Comments:

(This comment was deleted.)

I learned something :)

In my management training yesterday, we learned about breaks and break timing and duration.

Then it hit me: I do not take breaks – even though I am entitled to take a 5min break every hour when working at the screen (which I do all day).

Most of the time I will not even make breaks to use the bathroom…

And if you don’t take breaks, you spend all your energy at work and you’re left with none in the evening.

Ok, so I have to make a new goal :-)

Dreamdancer12 Getting on with it :)

Breaks are great!

Happy for you that at the very least you’ll set your timer to sip water, go to the bathroom, and stretch a little….

Thank you!

I just made a goal to do so!
I hope it will help me feel better!

Thank you!

The plan is to get some water or tea and walk around a little :-)

I hope you are feeling better – did you get some sleep?

((hugs))

I want to:
43 Things Login