Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

ideclaire wish I had endless cheers

Follow my heart, even if it scares me (read all 18 entries…)
Live for the moment.....

Yes.

But it’s also important to heed the lessons of moments passed—to learn from heartaches and sorrow, mistakes and misfortunes, to be humbled by success, shame, disappointment, and love.
It’s important to have a place to grow from, a place you never want to return to, a person you never want to be again.

Yet out of this comes the acknowledgment (by contrast, if nothing else) of what you DO want to become, where you DO want to go in life. And it’s this focus that drives you, inspires and invigorates you, reminds you of why.

But only so much time can be spent planning for or worrying/daydreaming about the future… just as only so much time can be spent pondering (or reliving, mourning, romanticizing, etc.) the past.

So it’s about finding that perfect nook between the two, in the here and now, if only for moments in the day. To just be. Without all the rest.

(Damn, I really need to meditate more.)

Comments:

I want you to know that I like your entries for this goal. Especially this one. You captured what I felt about this living in the moment thing. How I wish I have written this one =)

ideclaire wish I had endless cheers

Thank you!

When it comes down to, this website has not only given me responsibility and accountability for my own personal goals, but it’s also shown me that there are people all over the world that feel similarly to the way I feel—that they want to accomplish the same types of things in their own lives. It gives me strength because I know I’m not alone, in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you so much for the cheers and the comment. Best of luck in all your goals in life! :)

I want to:
43 Things Login