Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ
i want to talk to people online just to talk
need quality conversation,with meaning,thought,feeling.!

I would like to talk to someone who would like to share their thoughts,dreams,and goals.And what might be bothering them,and we can talk about it with each other and come to some peace about it..

Comments:

Rae

Up for a chat

Sure Anthony. What’s on your mind?

Me

I guess I am just a little angry at myself for My choices that i have made concerning the relationship I’m in.I do not think I want to be in it any further,I feel that it is holding me back,but I made the choice but not for the right reason.
we were both friends,looking for a place to live,so we decided to live together,split the bills and do what we needed to do. then we became friends with benefits, and she told me that she fell in love with me…that’s when things turned around to me paying all or most of the bills,including hers,fixing her car,..etc
while my truck sits waiting for repairs.
We really do not have anything in common;
I love the outdoors;hiking, camping, fishing or just hanging outside drinking a beer talking.
Blah,blah,blah…sometimes i get tired of hearing myself,...I do not want to hurt her feelings,but I think I rather go back to being just friends,she pays her way, and I take care of me and mine.

Rae

Rough Spot

Sounds like you’re in a bit of a rough spot, but if I may ask, are you feeling this way because of the relationship, or the burden of having to carry another person’s weight? Relationships are complicated by themselves with two people contributing equally.

What I would do if I were in your situation is talk to her. Let her know how you feel, and just be honest about your thoughts, feelings, everything towards her. Will this hurt her feelings? Quite possibly, because to know someone doesn’t reciprocate the same feelings you have for them, can be devastating. She’ll probably be upset for a while, but in the end at least you were honest.

Do you think the relationship would work if she resumed paying half the bills? Or do you want out of it altogether?

I could pose a lot of questions, but I won’t. I don’t want to complicate the matter. I just think sitting her down and giving her the truth is the best way to go about it.

I want to:
43 Things Login