Buster Benson I need more goals.

become a life coach (read all 4 entries…)
The Great Life Coaching Scam?

After a couple days of researching what exactly all of this life coaching stuff is about, it looks suspiciously like a giant pyramid scheme. Anyone can become a life coach, you make money, and also train new life coaches to begin the cycle anew. Searching Google there are more links to becoming a life coach than in getting one. The marketing for life coaches involves a lot of suspicious “Free Trials”, big promises about their ability to CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER, and slippery email gathering tricks. It’s all so cheesy and fake and reminds me of the kinds of marketing that saturates weight loss programs, scientology, and other insincere programs for fake self-improvement.

Which, just makes me think that there’s a market for a newer life coaching program from the future. For lost souls and people who are dead inside. So, for now I’m going to continue looking into this.

Comments:

Buster Benson I need more goals.

Thanks!

Yes, I think life coaching is something that I’ve been interested in for a long time even though I haven’t been able to put a name to it before. I have always wanted a therapist but didn’t know what “problem” to present other than that I wanted to make life greater and more exciting. My problem is that I want life to be 10 times better than it is now, even though it is already pretty great. A lot of these ideas went into 43 Things… and actually one of the areas I’m most interested in is bringing life coaching to the web and seeing how the internet can help make people achieve their dreams. Have you run into anything like this in the life coaching industry as it exists today, or does it still exist mostly offline and in 1-on-1 settings (either over the phone or in person)? Thanks for the help Greg.

Emerging field

I know that the one on one with the phone is still regarded as the staple of the coaching field, but that makes interested in how to advance the industry ideas. The internet is a flood of websites that have a blurry idea of what coaching is. The meeting face to face I think is somewhat underrated, I think the ability to download msn messenger with a cheap webcam could really blow up the ability to enhance the communication, and enlarge group coaching abilities then also cutting cost on telephone bills.
I’m really more interested in creating a way that coaching could be both effective in helping people and cost effective, but the market still needs to grow. Coaching is sill somewhat unknown to the everyday person. Think if the term coach wasn’t so undefined, with a way to give people, a cost effective way to try it and the understanding of how long you need to stick with the coaching to really gain and achieve movement, and the need to refocus to keep things in focus as new things appear and goals are reached.

hi there! were you the one who went to school in pdx? i was wondering if i can get a review from you…

Suzi 'What the 'Eye' Sees the mind can aquire'

iv seen the website

thats how i was coached & on the phone as well.

I want to:
43 Things Login