Dear 43 Things Users,

10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.

Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.

It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.

As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.

- The Robots.

Export My Content
FAQ

shoemaker is Cautiously Optimistic

get my migraine headaches under control (read all 13 entries…)
They're back

And how…

I’m having such a terrible atack – I can hardly see what I’m typing…

I am soooo sick and tired and depressed…

ENOUGH

Comments:

shoemaker is Cautiously Optimistic

thanks for the kind words and the advice

My known triggers are sharp changes in the weather, irregular sleeping/eating, MSG, red wine or a real bad fight.

Unfortunatly, not all of these are within my control.

I’ve tried Imitrex, but though it reduces the pain, I find it doesn’t help the weakness and nausea, and on one or two occasions I felt it made me wake up worse off the next morning.

Again – thanks sooo much for your thoughts and feelings!!

PurpleHeather hasn't been about much as little Isaac is keeping her very busy!

Another thing for exclusion - Aspartame?

Stop drinking diet drink – I saw that you want to lose weight on your goal list, eating any food with candarel or nutrasweet in (careful aspartame is in many drinks – even non-diet drinks, chewing gum, yogurts, sweets, crisps, etc).

Try this for 2-3 weeks and really stick to it and see what happens. It usually clears in a week or so.

Then once it’s gone stick to avoiding aspartame.

A headache (of varying levels in different people) that virtually never goes and doesn’t react to painkillers is one of the most common side effects / reactions of consuming aspartame. I have a more serious reaction – I black out.

Be careful and take care of the additives in your food/drink. They don’t all suit everyone.

Please let me know if this is of any use to you.

xxx

PS
I also get a “storm head” and can predict thunder storms. I wish I couldn’t. Nothing really shifts it until the storm finally arrives a few hours later.

I want to:
43 Things Login