learn how to be rexic (read all 2 entries…)
What's Rexic?

What you’re about to read is what I feel is true. You can’t Google it and get results, a doctor won’t agree with it, in fact most people don’t. But it’s what I believe to be true and that’s all that matters to me.

Anorexia Nervosa is an addiction. It’s an affliction. It’s dangerous and it’s deadly. Just like any addiction, it poisons the mind and thus hurts the body. In some ways it may even be a disease….a disease like alcoholism is a disease. It can be treated, it can never be cured, but it can be overcome. Someone who is addicted to anorexia will starve themselves until they die. They know they need to eat, but they don’t. They know they’re sick, but they don’t care. Nothing matters to them but losing weight and being as thin as possible. I know this to be true.

People say that you cannot learn anorexia, but that is not true. Just like any addiction, it has to start somewhere, right? You aren’t born drinking out of a bottle of Jack Daniels, you aren’t born with a Camel cig in your mouth and even drug addiction….maybe children are born addicted to crack or heroin, but it’s not because they were token away or pushing the syringe themselves and they lose that addiction through childhood. It’s through young adulthood and later that you learn to drink, smoke, do drugs and yes, diet. If you abuse any one of them or all of them, then it becomes an addiction. A disease of the mind that deteriorates the body.

If you want to be anorexic, don’t. It’s that plain and simple. But if you want a healthy lifestyle and to be thin and fit….then be Rexi.

The name Rexia was derived from the name anorexia, but there is a difference in the two. I chose Rexia because they are similar to an extent. Rexia is a lifestyle built around fasting, dieting and exercise. However, if you’re a true Rexi ~ you won’t allow any of it to define you. Your life is still yours. Rexi’s know where the line is, what a safe weight is and what’s dangerously low. We are aware and care about our health and bodies.

As a Rexi I fast twice a month for five days at a time. I follow a strict diet of vegetables, certain fruits low in sugars and lean meats. I drink only water and freshly squeezed juices that I make myself. I don’t eat processed sugars, starches or bad carbs. Nor do I drink caffeine. I exercise daily by walking, climbing stairs, Pilates and ab exercises. I keep my calorie intake under 1000 calories and my calories burned almost as high.

Rexi’s like myself are aware of the dangers of Anorexia and refuse to allow ourselves to become addicted to losing weight. My first priority is my health, then my weight. Which is how it should be. By following the “diet” I do, I’m able to lose weight or maintain my weight ~ not gain. I receive all the vitamins, minerals, good carbs and proteins my body needs to stay healthy. By drinking water, I flush all the toxins from my body. And the freshly squeezed juices allow me to get more vitamins without all the added stuff that you find in store bought products.

Rexia is my lifestyle. I am a Rexi. It’s a Rexic way of life.

Don’t teach yourself that food is the enemy because it isn’t. Don’t teach yourself that starvation is the only way to lose weight and keep it off because it isn’t. Don’t fall into a horrid depression because you’ve trained your mind that food is bad and you eat a cracker! That’s crazy. It’s dangerous and it can be deadly. Am I pro-ana? No. I am pro-rexia.

If you want to learn more, just post your questions or comments. I’ll answer anything. I’ve got tips, tricks, diets, fasting info, exercise and much more to share. Until then, be healthy, be safe and take care of you!

Comments:

(This comment was deleted.)

Don't be so harsh on yourself

I read your posts about wanting to be anorexic and I feel sad WITH you. I know how important it is to lose weight and be thin. Due to an illness I went from 130 lbs to 200 lbs!! It was the meds and whatnot, but even knowing that I felt like dying. I fasted all the time even though I knew it was wrong and dangerous. I’d lose a lot of weight, but gain most of it back quickly. I was seriously depressed.

But then I decided to go back to eating the way I used to (I tweaked my diet just a bit) and exercising. My diet (which is posted for everyone to view now) allowed me to lose all the weight and stay at the weight I want to be. I lost up to 3 lbs a day by eating nothing but vegetables and fruits. After a few weeks of just the produce, I also incorporated lean meat into my diet and I’m doing wonderfully. You can too!

Parents have a right to worry when their children aren’t eating. Starvation is not the answer to your prayers. It causes you to become obsessed with not eating, depressed, anxious and sick. Anorexia is not the way to go about achieving your goal! I promise.

The best thing to do is set an achievable goal for yourself to start. If you weigh 150 lbs, then your goal should be to lose 10 lbs in 10 days. If you diet like I do, that 10 lbs will come off sooner than 10 days and when you see the results, you’ll be happy with yourself! After you’ve reached that goal, set another one. Once you’ve reached your target weight, then maintain it. And make sure that your target weight is a healthy weight!

If you are female:

5’0 96 – 113
5’1 99 – 116
5’2 102 – 119
5’3 105 – 122

And so on….as you can see, for every inch taller a woman is simply add 3 lbs to both numbers. I’m 5’10, so my weight should be between 133 – 154. I’m small framed so 133 is perfect. The smaller your frame the less you should weigh.

You can do this! I promise. It will not only make your mother happy to see you eating, but it will increase your happiness as well. Plus you’ll be healthy and full. If you need to snack, cool…do it….just snack on any of the produce listed and you’ll be fine.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your goal! If you need to chat or have questions, I’m here. Be safe and be healthy!

(This comment was deleted.)

I want to:
43 Things Login