I’m a slacker, this is just today’s Ideal Bite pasted in – they write it better than I could, so I might as well give them the credit!!
Want eco-friendly gift wrap that’s slightly sassier than the Sunday comics?
Don’t get us wrong – old copies of Boondocks make great wrapping paper, but sometimes you need something a little classier. Lucky you – there are plenty of recycled and/or reusable gift wraps that look even better than the conventional stuff.
- Less waste. Americans throw away 25% more trash between Thanksgiving and New Year’s.
- Save trees. Only about 45% of all paper is recycled in the US.
- Lead by example. Try recycled gift wrap that looks like the conventional stuff, then dumbfound your anti-eco uncle when you tell him the truth.
- Holiday Nostalgia Gift Wrap – recycled gift wrap from eco-oriented Smith & Hawken ($9).
- Natural Elements Gift Wrap – made from shedding tree bark, it’s got a great fabric-like texture ($6).
- Poinsettias Hemp Wrap – post-consumer recycled paper with a little hemp and flax thrown in for good measure ($5).
- Recycled Tissue Paper – 100% recycled, it’s bleached without chlorine ($3).
- Peaceful Valley – not holiday-themed, but we love their nature-themed wraps (prices vary).
- Winter Berries Gift Wrap – UK Biters can get their recycled gift wrap and support wildlife at the same time (£4).
- Ideal Bite’s B’day Tip – think beyond paper. Try reusables: one of the best ways to dress up your gift without waste.