i want to learn how to do kinky twists im doing my own hair and i need help could someone help me please
1.what kind of hair do i use
2.how do i start
3.how do i braid them
4.how do i get that curl at the end
www.rockyhairbraiding.com/ Braids To Weaves, Call to Get Up to $40 Off, Make Appointment Today!
www.nexxus.com/Hairstyle_Howto Watch How To Create Your Favorite Hairstyles With Nexxus®. Visit Us!
www.wow.com/Braids+With+Twist Search for Braids With Twist Look Up Quick Results Now!
www.local.com/Braids+Hairstyles Looking For a New Hairstyle? Find Top-Rated Hair Salons at Local.com!
They have hair by the companies 24K gold and isis. You can get it from your local supply store. To get them to curl at the end roll them with the curl rods. Then soak the part of the hair that it to be curled in HOT water, pat dry and remove the rods. The hair should be curly. Also Pink moisterizer and a little bit of blue magic gives the hair it’s shine alone with Moose and oil sheen at the end of the process.
I hope I can help someone who desperately needs a different change to a healthier hair lifestyle. I decided to go with kinky twists after years of relaxing and noticed my hair was getting stagnated. I also realized the beauty of having African descended hair beacuse we can always go to natural hairstyles that flatter when chemicals are no longer an option and embracing the beauty of who we are, because it is truly a beautiful thing to have resilient hair that can take almost up to anything to a certain point.
I also know how it feels to figure out how to do this process yourself when money is tight but you want to know immediately so you can start the healthy hair process.
First of all giving props to goodgyrl81on how to do the curl at the ends because she was clear and precise, and that is the only thing I didn’t know. But thanks to their entry, I know now.
My experience and how to is as follows:
1. First of all, buy hair from your local black beauty salon that comes in bulked strands (unless your hair is already at a length you desire).They have different grades of kinky textures, so pick the ones that are closest to your hair type. Get about 2-3 packs to start. This should be enough for most heads.
2. If your hair is very fine textured, kinky twists may be harder to achieve, but I have even seen caucasian hair twisted on some people, so anything is possible. I suggest secondly, after you have hair needed for the feat, wash hair thoroughly free of all gel, oil, and other residue. You need your hair to be clean and as kinky as possible. Sit under a dryer as is with no conditioner or anything. The residue from conditioner may make it hard to grasp the hair with the fingers at the root. Very important to know, because believe it or not, your scalp will secrete natural oils which will naturally shine the hair. Especially if the follicles are no longer being damaged by chemical relaxer treatments. With my own hair, I had to make it as kinky as possible without blow drying and sitting under a dryer directly because my hair is soft textured. For those with courser hair, blow drying may be an option as well, but make sure to still not to blow dry too straight.
3. I didn’t do any particular patterns of parting, but just small to medium block parts, and holding back the other hair with with either bobby pins or a comb.
4. I pulled a hair strand from the opened bulk hair, and cut exactly in half. This will give most people twists past the shoulders. If you want it down your back, use the whole thing. Learning the hard way, with my fine hair texture, I further pulled the cut strand in two pieces, because the original size of the cut strand was too big to hold in my fine hair. You will find your better size as you experiemnt with this beautiful hair style.
5.Take the blocked parted section of hair and the bulk strand. Lay it in the parted section of hair (if you can) or take a small bobby pin to hold the strand in the parted section. Divide this small blocked section of hair into three parts, and place the two strands of bulked hair (divided by the bobby pin, or if you can manage this alone) into two of the divided blocked parted sctions of hair in this part. Braid as tightly as possible at the scalp. Yes, braid first with three strands, then catch the shortest strand and pull hair from one of the longer strands and micro braid or tightly braid about 3 millimeters more (this is so noone can tell where your natural hair ends and the bulked hair begins). This is also the easiest way and the “cheat” way so it will stay. Start twisting the hair with two strands and twists all the way down. The hair will hold itself. Do not plait at the ends. Twist all the way down.
6. Continue this process until the hair is twisted to sized twists of desired size. Don’t part all parts exactly the same size. Make some big, some small.
I went natural and I work in the corporate world, and as long as you treat this hairstyle classy it will be classy. I’ve gotten more come hither looks from all races with this style. Don’t be afraid to embrace a beautiful part of you!!!
I will honestly say, I need some pointers on kinky twists. I do hair all of the time and I just can’t seem to do kinky twist, but I will not give up. The part where I mess up is when applying the strands to the hair, such as the blocked part and starting the twists off after I havd braided from the scalp. Do you have any pictures of how it looks when doing that process?
Thankyou for your pointers you gave!!!
I had to cut the kinky hair I bought because all the salon had was really long hair that came down to the top of my buttocks. Now the ends of the hair is frizzy and looks too bulky. Any suggestions on how I can treat the ends before I get frustrated and take the twists out? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
I watched the people that did my hair real closely. I can’t figure out the braiding at the scalp either. Maybe I need someone with really thick and coarse hair.
can u do kinky twists with shoulder length hair??i have no clue how 2 do them or anything but i want them.