After lots of research, I’ve decided to migrate all my digital photos to Apple Aperture. But first I need to get a new MacBook Pro. The old G4 is too slow.
www.niksoftware.com/Viveza_Aperture Photographic Color & Light Control Download Viveza Aperture Trial SW!
www.intellisoftgroup.com/ Credentialing & Provider Management Managing Credentialing, Made Easy
www.nixalite.com/migrate Migrate Bird & Goose Repellent Order now for less @ nixalite.com
i dont use aperture but i do use a mac book pro. i had an old 12”g4 and i must say, this computer is a vast improvement on everything.
Can you share reasons?
I don’t have a good system.
Why I like Aperture
1. The UI is the most intuitive of the photo apps I’ve tried (Adobe Lightroom, Nikon Capture NX, Adobe Bridge, iView).
2. You can point to photo data located on external drives. Importantly, the drive doesn’t have to be mounted to see or search through photos.
3. In full screen mode, you have complete access to photo editing tools.
4. Complete integration with iLife apps.
5. They have a plug-in API where developers can extend the app. For example, you can download a integrated Flickr plug-in. More and more will come out over time.
Ideally, you need a big display to take full advantage of the app. I’m planning on picking up a 23” Cinema Display at some point too.
The only down side, is you really need a fast machine. Even the new MacBook Pros can see a slight delay loading photos. But I don’t want to have multiple machines around the house so it’ll have to be a laptop for me then.
Andrej Gregov has gotten 1 cheer on this entry.
- Maximilian The Great cheered this 6 years ago