eBear is making changes.
This is an edited version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s personal creed:
1. Make up your mind to be happy.
2. Make the best of your circumstances.
3. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
4. Don’t let criticism worry you.
5. Be yourself.
6. Stay out of debt.
7. Don’t borrow trouble, imaginary troubles are hard to bear.
8. Don’t hold grudges; avoid people who make you unhappy.
9. Have a variety of interests; go places or read about them.
10. Don’t brood, get over it.
11. Help those less fortunate.
12. Keep busy, a busy person never has time to be unhappy.
My friend sent this to me, and then asked me: “What precepts are guiding you?”