Poetry Man Why, yes! I am a nerd.
The point of this entry is to list my 5 favourite things about Elizabeth aka Voltaire_not_hair
Simply put, she is a prime example of the delightful people that one can meet on this site. This list is just scratching the surface and doesn’t even touch on her impeccable taste in music.
1. She has a perfect record of elicting at least one laugh and at least smile from me for every entry and comment that she has posted. Seriously, she’s hilarious and her optimism and good nature spreads so much happiness.
2. Her magnificent observations about every day, but little noticed, sights, sounds, and experiences, like the sound high heels make, or the sound of boots scraping against ice, or her recent observation on balling up aluminum foil show the beauty that can be found in every day life.
3. She is incredibly positive and uplifting. Even when I post some of my more negative entries, she always finds a positive spin to put on things. I have a lot more confidence now and am starting to believe all of the nice things so many of you have said about me because of her constant positive reinforcement.
4. She’s always up for silliness. Whether it’s our nerd contest or just plain chatting, she’s always up for fun and games. However, she’s also a great source of academic conversation as well. I’ve never had a conversation with her on here that was less than fantastic.
5. She combines intelligence with generosity. If you look at her goals and her entries, you’ll see a strong combination of places where she reveals and culitivates her intelligence and places where she shows her giving spirit through the selfless things she does for others from Christmas Caroling to feed the hungry to taking the time to give the type of tour that she would appreciate. In Harvey, Jimmy Stewart talks about how you can either be smart or pleasant. Elizabeth is proof you can be both.