Poetry Man Keep Calm and Believe in Coach Meyer
I think Unc may be the most misunderstood user on 43T. Those of us who took the time to get to know him know what a great guy he is. Those who didn’t, fuck ‘em if they can’t take a joke. Here are 5 things I most respect about him. Don’t worry Unc, I’m going to try and keep the flowery language at a minimum and keep your reputation intact.
1. He’s honest: If I have talked to him about it, I know where he stands on it. I truly appreciate that. Even when we don’t agree (Islam for example) and even when he gives me a truth that is hard to swallow (his views on how many of my students care for example), I always value his opinions. He enjoys open dialogue, something that is damn hard to find nowadays.
2. He cracks me up: I know his brand of humor isn’t for everyone, but I at least think he is fucking hilarious. His jokes, his avatars, his photoshopped pictures, all of it. Even some of his goals, like the one about re-introducing the word rat bastard into conversaton, crack me up. I think his humor is a lot like George Carlin’s. It either pisses you off or cracks you up.
3. He knows his shit: Unc doesn’t just rely on loud opinions and jokes to make his points. He actually puts facts into what he says. Even when I do disagree with him, he makes a damn fine case using actual evidence. For a while, I thought it would be great if he had a radio show, especially if he let me be his co-host, but I realized that wouldn’t do. All of those assholes on talk radio are just hot air. Actual intelligent discussion seems to have no place there.
4. He tells people how he feels: It is rare to find men who are open with others about how they feel about the women in their life and about their children. It is also rare to find men who openly appreciate the women in their life and their children. Of all the things I respect about Unc, these two traits are definitely the things I respect the most.
5. He taught me how things work in Tijuana: I could make this a serious point about how he is willing to give me all sorts of advice about anything that he thinks I should know. However, instead, I think I will just let this serve as a way to ensure that his reputation isn’t damaged too much.
Coming Soon: My five favorite things about my favorite goddess.