kmom2468 is trying to Be The Blessing!
Even though I LOVE garlic, the viability and money making potential of becoming a garlic farmer seems pretty remote… on the otherhand, I AM a geek. So I’m thinking something more geeky-like: small business disaster recovery/business continuity consultant. I do a certain amount of this combined with project management and technical support in my “day job,” so why not turn it into a business? It IS a topic near and dear to my heart.
Some steps to take:
1. DONE – Set up a business email
2. Make a list of articles for a business blog
3. Make a series of polls for my business blog
4. Write the articles so that I can easily post them every other day or so, even when I am behind
5. Write the “permanent” articles to put on my blog that tells about me, the company, what we do and why you need me
6. Make a list of people who might be potential customers or who might at least review my site and give me some ideas
7. Start my business blog
8. Ask people on the list to review the blog – leave comments, ask questions about the business, reply directly back to me with comments about the site layout and design
9. Design & Print up business cards
10. Design & Print up a post cards
11. Give business card to everyone I see
12. Buy stamps and send post cards to select businesses from the phone book
13. If marketing looks good, get a business license, register with BBB and other formalities of becoming a business
Of course, this is a very simplistic view.
Other things to do in parallel include…
1. Make a business plan
2. Write down my personal goals and my goals for the business
3. Become a total expert in the field