hopena Bye! ♥♥♥
Calories per serving: 145
Hot and tasty, as well as sweet and sour, this curry is from Goa, which lies to the west of India. Serve with four tablespoons of cooked, plain basmati rice and cucumber raita for 3 1/2 extra points per serving.
Low-fat cooking spray
2 medium onions, chopped
100g (3 1/2 oz) okra, trimmed and cut into lengths (I used green beans, but forgot to cut them into lengths, as suggested…)
1 medium red pepper, de-seeded and cubed
1 medium green peper, de-seeded and cubed
100g (3 1/2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
400g can of chopped tomatoes
salt and ground pepper
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan. Spray with the cooking spray. Stir-fry the onions for about five minutes, until soft.
2. Add the rest of the fresh vegetables.
3. In a bowl or with a pestle and mortar, mix together the garlic, vinegar, sugar and spices to form a paste, then add to the pan and cook for one minute.
4. Add 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) water and the tomatoes to the pan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for ten minutes.
5. Remove the lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes more to thicken the sauce.
6. Season to taste, and serve.
I have yet to try any of this – I’ve just finished making it for later.
(This recipe came from a Weight Watchers book, called Spice Up Your Life.)