Adrian ever changing like a butterfly
I have walked in the rain too many times – hell I live in England and I don’t believe in umbrellas. Maybe rain is better elsewhere but rain in England is no fun it just makes you wet and grumpy. I suppose walking in the rain on a beautiful beach hand in hand with your lover might be nice but lets face it how often does that happen (and even then wouldn’t it be better if it was sunny?). Let me make a list of top five being rained on walks:
- Climbing Cader Idris in Snowdonia (at least I had a waterproof jacket)
- Walking home from work (about 7 miles) when the tube broke – I only had a short sleeved shirt on and ended up looking like a drowned rat
- On Duke of Edinburgh award in the Peak District – cold, wet with nothing to look forward to but a hard damp bed
- On an open top bus in Barcelona, they locked the mad English people on the top of the bus and then we had to walk back to our hotel after the bus stopped – actually that was quite fun.
- Getting rained on on the way to work (too many time to count). This doesn’t put you in a good mood to start the day.