stardustannie Time to get back to my list!!!!!
This made for a quick n easy mid week dinner. Us girls had it as a main served over steamed basmati rice while the DH had his along side a grilled chicken breast.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 2 teaspoons curry powder
* 1 cup red lentils
* 1 litre vegetable stock
* 400 g can chickpeas, drained
* 2 zucchini, cut into 3cm pieces
* 2 cups cauliflower florets
* salt and pepper
* chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
Heat oil in a saucepan; add onion, pumpkin, garlic and curry powder. Cook stirring for 3 minutes.
Add the lentils and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Add the chickpeas, zucchini and cauliflower and simmer a further 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with fresh chopped coriander.