DoctorTeeth is working on Life 2.0.
1. What did I learn? I learned that the great Mongol empire was much more civilized and complex than Western history would lead one to believe, and that my wife thinks she likes Pizza 73 but doesn’t really.
2. What was my greatest accomplishment? Making my wife smile thanks to a clean living room.
3. Which moment was most memorable and why? Hearing the phone message my dad left me at 8:00 on a Saturday morning: “It’s dad. Give us a call at home as soon as you get this.” I knew exactly what had happened, and I didn’t want to return the call, but I knew I had to. My grandma died overnight. It wasn’t a good way to start the week.
4.What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week? Get through Monday supervising the SLPA student.
5. What can I do right now to make the week less stressful? Get my two days of bereavement leave off.
6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week? Procrastinating with contact notes.
7. What was last week’s biggest time sink? Flickchart. I just discovered it and I spent a little too much time there.
8. Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped? Nope.
9. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done? Contact notes, HG’s files, mailing out CDs, and contacting RZ and DS.
10 What opportunities are still on the table? I might get to eat at St. Hubert when I go to Montreal for the funeral.
11. Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to? My mom & dad, and my brother. I will call them tomorrow (it is too late tonight).
12. Is there anyone that deserves ‘Thank you?’ My wife, as always, and Ro.
13. How can I help someone else this coming week? Sending feedback to Ro, maybe that’ll be good for him.
14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years? Move to more private contract, increase the size of my family, move into a house that I like. (These will likely not change from week to week until something drastic happens.)
15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals? Nope.
16. What’s the next step for each goal? Working hard at developing a clinical tool set and a good name for myself; discussion; saving money.
17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week? Going to Montreal, kind of.
18. What are my fears? Dissolution, desertion, unhealthy compromise.
19. What am I most grateful for? My wife and my friends, and the limited time I am fortunate enough to spend with them.
20. If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with? My parents, my wife, and K&Fi.