Beth fixing things that are broken
Wow. It’s been a good two months for this goal. Got medicine for ADD. It’s the non stimulant and I haven’t noticed a difference yet, but I’m confident I will. I got TWO jobs. Both at call centers, so I’m deciding which one i’d like more, training on the one that pays better starts on the 28th so I have a little over a week to decide which I would like better. I am leaning towards the one that pays better, has a set schedule, and is closer :), but I like the people at the other place, so I’ll just find out in time I suppose. And once I have a set job, and a few paychecks, I’m signing up for classes again with a clear mind and better focus. AND to help me focus I have a smart phone with a calander app, and my email so I won’t be missing important things that could change my life. I’ll be present for them, and I won’t be sitting at home thinking “I’m pretty sure i’m supposed to be doing something right now.” I’m on my way. I hope.
That said, I think I should state clear and attainable subgoals for this. So I can say “Yes, I did this,” or “No, I am still working on this.”
So my first goal for this was to get diagnosed with ADD to help me become more focused on things other than television and the internet :). This has been done.
Okay so my second goal was to find a part time job. I’ve done this, I think. So, I just need to decide which one I’m going to take, or if I’ll do both until summer to gain extra money and just go back to classes full time then :). I’m working this out now. Either way the money situation is looking up.So, Here are my goals from now until december:
- be on a set track for school, knowing how long it will REALLY take to finish, and be on my way to accheiving my certificate
- be a better wife with numbers to show for it: cook more dinners, buy more lingerie, spend more hours with him, and when i’m with him be completely present (okay that last one doesn’t have numbers, but I’ll know).
- have more money in our joint bank account, and have some in my emergency (clothes) account.
- buy some clothes I love, get rid of the things that don’t fit right, don’t look right, don’t feel right. slowly buy surely by next year I should have a style of my own. I’ll think of a number of clothes that need to go and how much I need to get after an inventory of my closet.
- speaking of closet, set up my closetmaid shelves, so I can put my jeans and sweatshirts in them, and then I’ll have the room in my dresser for the rest of my clothes, and everything won’t be jumbled around.
- have a clean clutterless house most of the time. Yes, there will be days that laundry piles up, and I don’t feel good. But those should be the exception not the rule.
- have dinner at the dining room table not on the couch. Dinner will allow me and my husband to be more connected. More together. More present.
- Keep up with my friends in a more meaningful way. Not jsut once in a while call them. Have friends that know I’m there for them when they need me. And get rid of the ones that make me feel like I’m not worth having around. Because Maybe sometimes I’m off kilter, but normally I think I’m kinda fantastic. If they can’t deal with one bad day/night then they don’t deserve me.
- go to bed by midnight every night. if I stay up later than that, I tend to sleep in and lose my day, or I have to get up and I feel tired and disconnected all day. Both bad options.
- feel noticably happier, like I have a purpose in this world by december. That’s the main goal, but these other goals will help with this.
I might add more goals. But these are ones that I will start with.