kepi procrastination extraordinaire!
These were delicious – I also added a few sunflower seeds on top because I wasn’t sure if I had enough pepitas. Great picnic food, the family loved them.Ingredients
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g piece peeled, seeded butternut pumpkin, coarsely grated
- 7 slices (100g) prosciutto, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated parmesan
- 150g firm feta, cut into 5mm dice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 30g pepitas
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease 2, 12×1/3-cup capacity muffin tins.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add pumpkin and prosciutto and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Sift flour and 1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Stir in parmesan and 3/4 of the feta.
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk and remaining oil until combined, then season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour buttermilk mixture over flour. Add pumpkin mixture and, using a large metal spoon, stir briefly until just combined.
- Spoon mixture among holes of prepared muffin tins. Combine remaining feta and pepitas in a bowl and scatter over tops of muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in tins for 5 minutes then turn on to a wire rack.