Amarete thinking about tomorrows
This is an easy goal and I have neglected it for way too long. I’d like to add something to my list so I need to cross something off!
10. Free things! Whether they are gifts, free samples, or random stuff found on the side of the road, I love finding/getting free things. It’s that fun element of surprise that makes it so enjoyable, much like getting letters in the mail.
11. Getting letters in the mail! There’s something fantastic about that.
12. Libraries. I love going to libraries, much like I enjoy visiting book stores. But the thing that makes a library so much better than a book store is the welcoming environment. I don’t get nervous reading books at the library because there are no irritable shopkeepers to chase me out for reading half a book in one sitting. They’re also great places to do homework or discover something new.
13. Houseplants. It’s sad when they die, but keeping houseplants really makes me happy. It’s very satisfying to know you’ve kept them alive for a long time, and they are something like companions. They’re just less interactive than most pets (and less annoying than keeping fish).
14. Freshly baked cookies. Need I go on? They smell great, and who can resist their soft warmth?
15. Bats (the animal kind). I like bats. I don’t really know why. I’ve never held one. But they’re very under-appreciated creatures, and pretty darn cute as well. Many of them also eat a ton of mosquitoes, and I do not like mosquitoes.
16. Asian grocery stores. I went to one the other day, and it was so fascinating to see all the strange plants and seafood products. I was tempted to get some whole dried shrimp, but I’m not sure how I feel about eating their crunchy shells and whiskery appendages.
17. Cats. Such silly, fickle creatures they are. Dogs are lovely, but cats are so unpredictable. They can be very sulky, but when you least expect it they do a jump kick off a wall or roll around in the bath tub.
18. Peaches. “Millions of peaches, peaches for free!” But really, I love peaches.
19. Christmas gift products. By this, I mean those items with the colorful holiday packaging, or the elaborate gift baskets. hate buying them because they’re so overpriced, but I love to look at them all lined up on the shelf.
20. Sleeping. Ah, sleep. Who doesn’t love it?
21. Sales. I love finding something I wanted (or something a friend wants) for half or one third of the original price. It’s awesome when it’s something you’ve sort of wanted for a while, but even better when it’s a surprise.
22. Blankets. I love collecting blankets. Is it weird that I sleep on the floor with no mattress, but I take blankets very seriously? It probably does make sense, considering that my ‘mattress’ consists of blankets and sleeping bags.
23. Cooking. There are some things you can’t get in stores easily. Good chicken and dumplings or hot ginger cookies are two of them.
24. Fishing. I haven’t gone fishing in years, but there’s something really satisfying about relaxing in silence and then catching a fish by surprise.
25. Blueberries. I love them! Have you ever tried frozen blueberries? I got a bag the other day that is so good. They’re just like fresh, except if you eat them cold they’re like berry popsicles.
26. New books from favorite authors. I don’t keep up with it as well as I should, but I love finding out that one of my favorite writers has something new on the shelf.
27. Onion rings. I don’t know why. I don’t really like onions. But hey, onion rings are tasty.
28. Orange blossom honey. It has such an amazing flavor. If you like honey and haven’t tried it, go find some right now. Or better yet, go find some yesterday.
29. Watermelons. So delicious, and you can use the rind for a hat when it’s too sunny outside!
30. Koi ponds. Have you ever fed a pond full of koi? They cluster together and try to climb over each other for the food. It’s pretty cool.