The youth pastor has just texted me. He’s engaged. I’m not really sure how to respond, as I feel the following would be inappropriate:
- “Are you out of your mind?”
- “Have you recently hit your head and forgotten how awful your new wife-to-be is?”
- “Have you forgotten our hundreds of text messages when you two broke up two months ago and how miserable you were BEFORE the breakup?”
- “Is this a trial run for when you actually DO meet a good woman and have a successful (second) marriage?”
- “Make sure to sign a prenup!”
Alas…I reckon I should just go with a standard and fake enthusiastic CONGRATULATIONS!! even if I don’t mean it. Bah.