1. not striking the deer running across the road with my car at 4:15 a.m. last Friday
2. whatever combination of anti-lock brakes, new-ish good tires, reflexes and most importantly NO BLACK ICE led to my not wrecking my old car and the deer living
3. that the white mini van driver got off yellow line and back in their lane this morning
4. those are the two most recent most heart pounding examples, but I want to express my gratitude for all the conditions that came together whether I noticed them or not for my continued existence.
5. that the holiday week pet/house sitting gig, which finally ended today, went well. . . I didn’t burn down the house and the dog and cat survived!