So statistically, since the last entry: I’ve applied to five additional jobs; signed up to two newsletters for professional associations.
I’m moving a good deal slower on the job front than I would like.. but part of the problem with that is that I still haven’t figured out what I want to do with my life.. I have a list of the things that are important to me in a job..
1. To see rewards for the work that I perform, these rewards should be monetary as well as in the form of benefits that say that my company values me and wants to reward and keep me..
2. It should pay enough money so that I can afford to start a family.
3. It should also have flexible enough hours/vacation days/personal days so that I can have a life outside of work and free weekends to do with as I see fit/raise a family
4. I should have a supportive work environment where everyone builds off an enthusiastic atmosphere
5. I want to be intellectually stimulated in a way that encourages me to learn more
6. I want to be given freedom to work on my own in a way that says that my boss has complete faith in the work that I do and that I can get stuff done
7. I want the kind of job that requires me to wear business casual to work, and actually look good on a daily basis
8. the job should require creativity, in a way that makes it non repetitive
9. I want job security, the kind of job where I’m glad that I invested the time and effort in learning and improving myself in regards to it..
10. to have a mentor that encourages my growth
But aside from that I don’t really have any clear direction.. the only thing that I know.. KNOW at this point is that I want a science related job that is OUTSIDE of a laboratory..