wembleyheads needs to visit 43things daily!
I’ve been pondering this since a free Ayurveda lecture at our yoga studio on 30 March. Here are things I’d like to start incorporating into my routine:
- Sleep schedule: rise during vata hours (2am-6am), wind down and go to bed during kapha hours (6pm-10pm)
- Eat only lightly at dinner to improve detox during pitta hours (10pm-2am)
- Every morning: tongue scraping, tooth flossing, and brushing with pungent toothpaste before doing anything else
- Neti pot once per week, in evening
- Oil my head once per week, in evening
I have done a couple of things so far: switch to a more pungent, cinnamon toothpaste for morning. Okay, I’ve done one thing ;)
That sleep routine will be the hardest. I’m a mild night owl (I’d like to sleep 12am-8am), and am usually trying to convince myself not to be… It makes sense to go to sleep before the second wind kicks in at 10pm, so it’s worth a shot.