Two weeks of straight hell.At Work:
- Mucho mucho hours. Lots of hard work, 14 and 16 hour days, 6 days a week (7 counting paperwork and ordering).
- Treated scandalously by my employer. I was owed money and got a cheap gift certificate instead. No wonder they are always asking why they cannot keep good people.
- The staff really performed well. I have trained them to be a great team and top performers and they executed themselves handsomely under fire. While everyone else’s staff and teams dropped their balls and stumbled around, our team was flexible and proactive. BD was our only weak link, doing a lot of complaining and not carrying his end. Disappointing, since he really should be a leader in the kitchen, not an anchor. I took the ladies out for dinner three evenings to make up for working them so hard. Such a good team, they kept thanking me and wanting to buy me dinner.
- Tomorrow I have a final interview regarding a potential new job. I should know tomorrow evening if I got it or not. Very excited to get the new job, but worried about my team if I chose to move on.
- Not much quality time with my wife, and she is very demanding of what time off I do get. Early mornings and some late nights make me very tired and I’m often falling asleep instead of paying attention to her, which she does not like at all. Not much love-making which she likes even less. Last night I rallied my passion and energies and hoped she would be satisfied for a couple of days. No such luck. Although very happy with the happy-happy, now she just wants more. Salacious texts from her all day toay.
- A friend is going through a personal crisis/meltdown. She’s told several people, including me, that she was pregnant then miscarried. Her husband is telling us that is untrue, she was never pregnant, it is just the stress of trying to get pregnant and failing is having negative consequences on her. I wish I was more available to talk to her, if that would help. But I’ve been too busy to even respond to her several ohone messages and emails. I do want to help her but at the same time I cannot let her pull me down into her craziness right now.
- Diet is gone to the wind. Right now I eat whatever is too slow to get away. Exercise consists of striding around the kitchen giving orders and hauling sacks of potatoes.
- Ran the Warrior Dash this weekend. That was fun, not nearly as brutal as the Spartan Race. But now I am stiff and sore and scraped and aching.
- This is my last week of chiropractic visits and I am glad.
- S. flies up to Virginia to visit her family for a long weekend. I’m staying here, hoping to stay out of trouble. Well, stay out of major trouble. A little trouble is not necessarily a bad thing.
More to say, just too tired right now to formulate anything sensible…