Stephen is going the distance
I know how to cook, but I would say I don’t normally like to cook for the following reasons:
1. My kitchen is small which means preparation has to be done in a compact space.
2. I don’t even own a standard oven, I can only cook up to about 9 lbs in my mini-convection oven.
3. I don’t like making lots of dirty dishes/pans and then having to clean them up.
4. Preparing to cook means shopping for ingredients and knowing what you need which takes extra time.
Of course, there are many benefits to cooking too:
1. You don’t have to get dressed to eat.
2. You don’t have to leave home to eat.
3. Eating at home saves quite a bit of money.
4. Cooking for yourself means you can make things exactly the way you want them with the ingredients you want.
5. I enjoy learning something new and getting to enjoy eating it is fun too.
For lunch today I had some Tuna Steak which had been sitting in my freezer for months, along with steamed rice and cauliflower. It was awesome and only took 20 minutes to prepare. The cauliflower was leftover from a few days ago so I just microwaved it. I used my rice cooker to make the rice. I pan fried the Tuna Steaks for about 7 minutes until they were cooked through. Then I just put them on a plate with lemon garnish and seasoning and it was delicious. Pic is pretty close to what I made, but without the carrots.