funniculee is prepared
So, here’s what I’ve come up with to start. Needs some tweaking/editing, but it covers the basics of the things I value most.
- Accept yourself as you are – expect yourself to be better in the future.
- Self-care isn’t selfish. Taking care of one’s body and mind enables you to be your best self.
- Don’t make up excuses for not doing things you want to do. Be honest about why you don’t want to do the things you really DON’T want to do.
- Don’t lie, to yourself or to anyone else.
- Don’t complain. Use criticism only when truly constructive.
- Don’t gossip.
- Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Don’t hurt other people. Be kind whenever possible.
- Self-righteousness is unhelpful. Lead by example, shut your trap, and stay humble.
- Assume the best about people unless they prove otherwise. Judge them by their actions, not by their words, possessions, abilities, beliefs, or appearances. Don’t waste energy disliking others.
- Similarly, don’t try to convince others of your worth via words, money, or other traits. Do what you think is good regardless of how you would like them to react to you. Don’t waste energy trying to make people like you.
- Sex is not a moral issue, but it is an emotional one. Casual sex isn’t immoral, but it’s emotionally risky. Don’t have sex with people you don’t value, or people who don’t value you (for anything other than sex).
- Cultivate compassion, openness, and honesty.
- Doing is better than having.
- Try to be of use when you can.
- Try not to be wasteful with your embarrassment of riches. Be appreciative of the resources you have, mindful of where they come from, and cognizant of those who are less fortunate. Help others learn to do the same.